First saw this at Laura's place and then found it again over at La Verna's...guess I'll do it now!
1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say? "Use your selected sign until your baby begins to sign back to you, then choose another sign and start the process over again -- but don't stop showing the signs he already knows. Once you begin adding signs like this you will find your sign vocabulary really grows and you are truly learning along with your child. --"Baby Talk - A Guide to Using Basic Sign Language to Communicate with Your Baby"
2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching? My decaf kiwi-pear tea, lukewarm now.
3. What’s the last program you watched on tv? Can't remember, we banished it back in the summer and haven't noticed that it's gone.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 9:20pm (9:26pm!)
5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now? Cool music from The Current, my husband in the kitchen making his lunch for tomorrow, cars outside.
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do? Rolled around in the grass with Jackson while watching an incredibly beautiful sunset just before dinner tonight. (It was still 70 degrees at 4:30pm!)
7. What are you wearing? black fleece pants, brown t-shirt
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about? Unfortunately, I don't think I ever actually get to the dream state anymore...Jackson doesn't give us very long sleep stretches lately.
9. When was the last time you laughed? After dinner with Jackson, romping around on the floor while we destroyed the junk mail that came today. Split your belly laughter from both of us.
10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now? Our wedding photo, 6-month photos of Jackson, a painting of Lake Superior that was my grandparents', a Jane Evershed print, "Desiderata," and an antique quilt block in a frame.
11. Have you seen anything strange lately? Just my missing pumpkin from my front step. (Just because I haven't carved it yet doesn't mean that YOU can steal it, little neighborhood kid!!)
12. What do you think about this meme? Fun, silly...where did it start?
13. What’s the last film you saw? Frank Capra's 1934 "It Happened One Night" on DVD loan from the library, watched on the computer since we're sans TV.
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money? Save, put a lot away for Jackson, build an addition onto this house? buy a new (old) house?, take care of my friends and family, give a lot away, and...buy A LOT of yarn.
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know. I have first cousins who are also fifth cousins...long story, but I can assure you that it's all on the up-and-up.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be? That the war in Iraq would end. (Or maybe that it never would have started? Where would we be now?)
17. Do you like dancing? Yes, very much. But I usually only get to do it at weddings or with Jackson in the living room.
18. George Bush? Hell no! Don't get me started...
19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy? Jackson was the top choice (obviously, since we already have him) and we like Elliot or Paige for his sibling some day.
20. Would you ever consider living abroad? Sure! Can I go live on Dan's family farm in England?
21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven? That's tricky. Is there a Heaven? Who is God? Am I going? Way too heavy of a question for this blog...
22. Who should do this meme? YOU!