Oh what a day! It could have been a really crappy day since I scheduled my dentist check-up and my annual exam all for the same day (hey, when you have child care for the afternoon, you sort of have to do everything!). But both of my appointments had "no shows" right before me so I got right in and right out. No knitting time in the waiting rooms, but who wants to hang around in a waiting room when you don't have to?
But it wasn't the "no waiting" that made my day perfect, it was Susan, my swap partner from the Knitters' Coffee Swap. The treasure box from her arrived today and this is what I found*:
• scrumptious decaf Rainforest Supreme coffee
• a maple cinnamon scone mix from Harry & David
• scented mug mats that release cinnamon-y smells when you put your hot mug down (also H&D)
• Anna's Swedish cappucino shortbread cookies
• milk chocolate Pastilles
• a perfect little coffee mug with a matching lid/coaster that says "Life is too short for bad coffee"
• an adorable coffee-themed retractable measuring tape (I cannot even express how badly I wanted/needed one of those!)
• sweet coffee magnets and an adorable knitter-themed card from Susan
...and for the yarn...
• My very first Malabrigo in saphire green...who said this is butter? You're right! It's heavenly!
• A gorgeous skein of Mountain Colors Handpainted in "Wildflower" which is totally serendipitous: Susan and I have a swap partner in common from previous swaps (Hege in Norway!). I sent this exact same Mountain Colors "Wildflower" yarn to Hege for the Hot Socks Swap but had a *really* hard time parting with it because it was so beautiful. Hege and Susan were partners for the Knitters' Tea Swap recently and then Susan and I ended up as partners for the Knitters' Coffee Swap (all by chance!). Susan sent me the "Wildflowers" yarn not knowing that she was fulfilling my little knitter dream of having this yarn.
How incredibly perfect is this picture? And how small is our knitting world after all? FUN!
I made homemade macaroni & cheese for dinner tonight (Moosewood's Low-Fat version) and since Jackson is bathed and in bed, now have the night to sit and knit...or stare at my beautiful new yarns. Talk about Christmas coming early! It's not even December yet. Beautiful yarn dreams to you all.
*Thank you, Mr. Usually-Grumpy-Postman, for leaving this package by my back door instead of making me come to the Post Office tomorrow to pick it up! I would give you a hug if you weren't so grumpy!