Monday, March 05, 2007

Score

This is my treasure from my first thrifting trip in a long time. It was a quick stop, since Jackson was asleep in the car with his Daddy, but I was on a mission. A mission for buttons. I found a few trays here and there, some nice ones that I almost wanted to have taken out of the case for a closer look...but then I saw this.

Mission accomplished. A $4 jar of vintage buttons. Sold.

I haven't opened it yet. I'm still too giddy about finding it. All in good time...there are already a few that are calling out to me to be touched and examined. Can't wait to see what's in the middle!

This is my cousin, Ginny, who just finished knitting her very first hat in the round. She called this photo "Dang, I do good work!" and it's true! It's a gorgeous hat and I wish I could be there to see it (and the Knitter) in person.

Keep up the awesome knitting, Gin! Can't wait to knit with you the next time we're in the same state.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh Catherine, those buttons are lovely...and $4? Nancy Jo would be proud!

LaVerna said...

Sweet score!You rock the thrift shop girl!
Nice hat too cuz!

christina said...

ginny did do a great job on the hat didn't she?! when she comes home we both might need to have a consultation with you on our projects. i would like to learn how to cable next.

also the jackson walking video is just adorable. it looks like he just can't get enough of walking!

Cloudberry said...

Lucky you finding that jar with buttons. Hope there's many nice ons in there :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Catherine! Buttons! Man, you really did score. They are really hard to find at that price. Good for you! Whatch gonna do with em now?

Anonymous said...

What a great find. Now I want to know why I never find stuff like that...?