Tuesday, February 12, 2008

FO Report: Organic Alpaca Cardi

The organic alpaca cardi is done. The knitting is done. The seaming is done. I even taught myself to crochet - against all better judgment* - to finish the borders. The only things left to do are wash, block, and sew the buttons on.
I don't have a lot of faith in the end of this process though, since it turned out much shorter than I had hoped and is curling up something awful, despite the crocheted border which was supposed to stop this from happening. Looks like I'll have to employ some severe blocking procedures again. Wish me luck.
_____________________________
*Those who know me know that I don't like crochet, to put it mildly. However, I must admit that, 1.) crochet was damn easy to learn, 2.) it looks awesome for the border of this sweater and I can totally imagine bordering the whole world in crochet, and 3.) I guess I don't mind it too much. This does NOT mean, however, that I will be buying more crochet hooks than my two that exist in my knitting bag for fixing *knitting* mistakes and doing provisional cast-ons. I'm just saying I don't mind it so much as before...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished product at home tonight!

Chris said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

TinkingBell said...

I'm with you re the crochet - but it goes make a great border. I have 4 - in different sizes - sock size sport size, dk size and big - they're for knitting and borders - that's it. Looking forward to seeing the cardi in all it's glory!!

Heide said...

I can't wait to see the finished, blocked sweater. The buttons are fabulous. Keep warm!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see it finished finished.