Saturday, August 16, 2008

love, friday (+/- edition)

Love how brave Jackson is on the playground. Don't love how brave Jackson is on the playground.
Love that Jackson was really, really awesome for the doctor who examined this swollen arm yesterday. Don't love that we all had to go to Urgent Care on a Friday night because we didn't notice it until after 5:00 p.m. (It's an allergic reaction to a bug bite from our Thursday hike. What kind of bug? No idea.)
Love that Simon the Cat found this mouse for us. Don't love that this mouse was in our house (and worse, in Jackson's toy room) and that Dan and I had to do quite a little dance to get rid of it since cats aren't actually good at killing mice...they like to play with them instead. (Thanks a lot, Simon.)
Love that Amelia is learning to take a bottle of breastmilk from her Dad. Love that this means that I will have extended freedom from both children at some point in my future. (What's not to love about that?)
Love this baby girl. (Nothing not to love here, either.)
Love my new haircut. Don't love my new haircut. (I went even shorter than the last photo of my "new" haircut last week. I'm back to super short again, but I can't show you yet because it's not quite done. My way-too-thick mop of hair needs severe texturizing on top before I will feel comfortable going out in public - let alone being photographed - so I will be going back next week [for the third time]. Love that it's out of my way and is real "wash and go" hair again though.)

Love fresh tomatoes from the garden. Don't love that the majority of our garden bounty went to the Squirrel & Mouse Foodshelf since we never went out to harvest it all. Blame it on that cute baby above - we were a bit distracted this summer. (We did also save the beets and turnips, though. Despite the mouse nest that was nestled in the corner by the root crops.)
Love staying up late to finally get to the things I want to/have to do, like computing, knitting, paying bills, etc. Don't love that it means less sleep for a tired momma. Choices, choices...

Love the new look for this old blog. It was about time!

love, friday (+/- edition)

3 comments:

TinkingBell said...

Gr4eat post - good to see both sides of the issue - and photos of Amelia and Jacjson are always winnrers!

Gretchen said...

Nice new look! My 3 year old had a trip to the doctor this summer for excessive swelling in his ankle- same diagnosis of random bug bite. Ugh. He's had horrible, huge reactions to mosquitoes this summer- we should have taken a pic of the goose egg between the eyes. Lots of Benadryl sneaked in his drinks helped that one.

Darling pics of your kiddos!

christina said...

i love amelia's giant diapers! so silly.