• Love how brave Jackson is on the playground. Don't love how brave Jackson is on the playground.
• Love that Jackson was really, really awesome for the doctor who examined this swollen arm yesterday. Don't love that we all had to go to Urgent Care on a Friday night because we didn't notice it until after 5:00 p.m. (It's an allergic reaction to a bug bite from our Thursday hike. What kind of bug? No idea.)
• Love that Simon the Cat found this mouse for us. Don't love that this mouse was in our house (and worse, in Jackson's toy room) and that Dan and I had to do quite a little dance to get rid of it since cats aren't actually good at killing mice...they like to play with them instead. (Thanks a lot, Simon.)
• Love that Amelia is learning to take a bottle of breastmilk from her Dad. Love that this means that I will have extended freedom from both children at some point in my future. (What's not to love about that?)
• Love this baby girl. (Nothing not to love here, either.)
• Love my new haircut. Don't love my new haircut. (I went even shorter than the last photo of my "new" haircut last week. I'm back to super short again, but I can't show you yet because it's not quite done. My way-too-thick mop of hair needs severe texturizing on top before I will feel comfortable going out in public - let alone being photographed - so I will be going back next week [for the third time]. Love that it's out of my way and is real "wash and go" hair again though.)
• Love fresh tomatoes from the garden. Don't love that the majority of our garden bounty went to the Squirrel & Mouse Foodshelf since we never went out to harvest it all. Blame it on that cute baby above - we were a bit distracted this summer. (We did also save the beets and turnips, though. Despite the mouse nest that was nestled in the corner by the root crops.)
• Love staying up late to finally get to the things I want to/have to do, like computing, knitting, paying bills, etc. Don't love that it means less sleep for a tired momma. Choices, choices...
• Love the new look for this old blog. It was about time!
love, friday (+/- edition)