Friday, November 28, 2008

love, friday

Love cousins in "matching" sweater vests having the time of their lives at Grama & Grampa's house for Thanksgiving dinner. (Gee, do you think that G&G love their grandkids much? Just a few photos out on the piano...)
Love sweet sleeping babes during dinner and knitting projects finished just in the nick of time.
Love wearing Amelia on my back now that she's strong enough. Love listening to her talk to me as I make dinner.
Love my family, my friends, my good health, my home, my community, my neighbors, and my world. From the seemingly mundane (my pumpkin pie! my yarn stash!) to the "deep thoughts" variety of thankfulness (my full kitchen cupboards, our ability to pay our heating bill this winter...), there is indeed much to be thankful for. Thanksgiving itself was a blessing and I feel grateful just for having the opportunity to be together with my family, create an insane meal that we would never do otherwise, and break bread together. Love this tradition that reminds us of the good things and inspires us to share them with others.

love, friday

1 comment:

thursday said...

oh lucky you - she slept for dinner? On Thanksgiving, my little guy mostly cried and screamed through the meal. I guess since it's always so quiet at my house, having so many people talking was too much for him! Hope he'll tolerate being in a carrier on my back soon like Amelia!