Sunday, February 01, 2009

Filled Up and Fixed

Remember this?
I went to my LYS and got a lesson in darning today and fixed it:
I am so empowered by this simple little act that I can hardly stand it. Not only can I knit my own socks but now I can FIX them!

And let me tell you, a Sunday afternoon at the yarn store with a whole bunch of other cool knitters is enough to fill anyone up. But the fact that I already had dinner made and in the fridge (including the wine chilling right next to it), the kids were napping or otherwise hanging out comfortably with Dad, and the house was generally in order and clean before I left made it a perfect day.

1 comment:

Aunt Jenny said...

Oh that DOES sound like a perfect day.
Your socks turned out great. I have a pair to darn right now too...wore a hole in the heel. I better get on that!
Have a great week!!