Monday, December 07, 2009

FO Report: Red River Socks

Yarn: Elann "Sock it to Me" color 21, reinforced toes and heels with nylon thread
Pattern:
Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula
, k2p2 ribbing for the cuff
Needles:
US1 dpns
Size:
women's large
Started:
sometime in the spring
Finished:
just before Thanksgiving

My friend Jenn offered me a whole bunch of her sock yarn (she can no longer knit comfortably) for the simple price of knitting a pair of socks for her from her yarn. Seemed like an easy enough way to get some yarn! The socks took so long because 1.) I started them in the spring when she really wasn't going to need warm wool socks for a while and 2.) they were re-knit at least once due to not liking the pattern on my part. I will say that knitting socks for people with large feet on size 1 needles is not my most favorite pastime, but the yarns she promised were indeed beautiful and are comfortably sitting in my stash now, awaiting their futures as socks for my family.

No comments: