Thursday, January 21, 2010

FO Report: Pierre Pingu

Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool and Cascade 220 100% wool
Pattern:
Penguin from Itty-Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson

Needles:
US6
Size:
about 6" tall
Started:
1/17/10
Finished:
1/20/10

Jackson has become a huge fan of Pingu this winter so when my copy of Itty-Bitty Toys* arrived in December, he immediately laid claim to the Penguin pattern and demanded that I make him one. I told him to add it to his birthday list. He's been bugging me about it each time he sees the book.
Luckily, I can put the book away now that it's done. And luckily, his birthday is on Monday so I won't have to make up excuses for too much longer.

It's a super cute little penguin and I'm generally pleased with this project. Though it's so simple, that I'm not sure Jackson will adore it forever like he tells me he will. But who knows... And who cares! It was fun to knit and even if he discards it after however long, Amelia may dig it or I can always rescue it for my sake.
The French name? Oh, right. I used French lentils in a little sewn flannel pouch tucked in the bottom to give him some weight. Ooh, la, la!
*J'adore Itty-Bitty Toys and highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Cloudberry said...

Cute!
Ad we love Pingu here too :)