Monday, May 17, 2010

FO Report: Traveling Woman

Yarn: Blackberry Ridge 100% Wool Hand-Painted Fingering Weight in "Sierra Madre" purchased at Shepherd's Harvest Festival
Pattern:
Traveling Woman by Liz Abinante of feministy.com

Needles:
US6--I used my Addis, for once, and actually liked them this time!
Size:
shawlette, I forgot to measure but I think the wingspan was something like 50"?
Started:
4/10/10
Finished:
a couple of weeks later



I knew this pattern was the perfect fit for my friend Kristina's birthday the moment I saw it. The story behind the pattern (click on the link above) was well-thought out and fun and the yarn was just a total match in my mind. As usual with a lot of knitting projects, I'd had the yarn for a couple of years just "simmering" in my stash. One day, I opened the box lid to find it jumping out at me and practically begging to be knit into something for K.
I didn't change a thing on the pattern (though I added a repeat or two as suggested) and thoroughly enjoyed knitting this wrap. I knit the bulk of it while attending a women's retreat with my church and it just fit so perfectly that the retreat's theme was "Our Journey Together." We're always traveling somewhere, right? Even if we never get off the couch.
Happy birthday, Kristina! Sending love and good wishes that this shawlette will help you "travel" to Minnesota soon! :)

No comments: