Thursday, December 21, 2006

How many sheep do you think we can buy?

WOW!
Thank you to everyone who has donated to the "Christmas Sheep" Campaign for Heifer International! I'm astounded by your generosity and speed. Did you see how quickly that thermometer went up?!

We've officially reached the goal of $120 to buy one sheep for Christmas and we have surpassed it. But that doesn't mean that we need to stop there! The yarn contest is still open through Christmas Day (see notes in previous post) and donations are still graciously accepted (and needed) for Heifer.

Do you think we CAN buy a whole flock of sheep for families in need? Hmm. We're not going to change our original goal, because we've reached it and that makes us happy. But...who knows? How many sheep do you think we can buy? Keep digging in those pockets for some coins and..
THANKS!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I think what you are doing is great!! I'll go donate too!

Melissa Perreault said...

This is a wonderful idea! Thank you so much for putting this together so we can help others to be productive and in such a positive manner. I know so many of the families this helps don't want hand outs, they just need a helping hand.

Aunt Jenny said...

I love this Catherine!!! Can't wait to see how many sheep end up bought before Christmas!! It was fun to help in my small way!
I think this is such a great program!