Friday, April 06, 2007

love, friday

Love the Yarn Harlot. Love that I got to meet her when she visited for a recent book-signing. Love her new book. Love that she held my sock and I held her sock. Love that the Harlot loved my scarf - my first knitting project ever from five years ago.















Loved drinking beer and eating pizza with cool Knitters after the event (Knittymama, Mama Grouch, April + soon-to-be-blogging-Gwyneth). Love that Gwyneth drove us all there (thanks, G!).


















[this is Knittymama]


Love my new sock yarns: Panda Cotton (cotton/bamboo blend) and Fleece Artist (superwash merino wool). Love that I let myself buy new yarn this week even though I have :::plenty::: of stash. Love that we sold Dan's bike which makes buying new yarn a bit easier on the wallet (thanks, D!).















Love that my friend, Rebecca, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer is leading a team in the Race for the Cure on May 13 and that I'm a member of her team. Love that Rebecca has a sponsorship page that is growing with donations every day. Love that Rebecca has a blog to share the updates of her cancer and that she is so amazingly positive through all of this. And, in a rare occurrence on a love, friday installment:
DO NOT love Rebecca's cancer.














[this is Rebecca]

Love seeing a beautiful display of garden pots while walking to the yarn store with Jackson. Love that it makes me feel like spring is coming even though it's only 16 degrees today.



















Love that the yarn store had toys and a shopping cart for Jackson to push around the store so I could squeeze out five minutes to fondle the yarns and grab some more Koigu.




















Love my Koigu sock and how the striping (from two different skeins) is working out in the ribbed cuff.
















Love my new Etsy shop and hope that you will visit.

love, friday

8 comments:

April said...

I had a great time hanging out with you. Thanks for inviting me to tag along. It looks like you went to Needlework Unlimited. Andrew calls that store "the yarn store with toys". It isn't the closest store to me, but I think it is the easiest to shop at since Andrew is occupied. Creative Fibers has a basket of toys too.

Cloudberry said...

Love your Koigu socks! The colours are great! And congratulations on your shop opening :)

shizzknits said...

Those socks are very pretty! I like the green and purple. And the store is cool...congrats!

Anonymous said...

I second the socks being cool/pretty and the congrats on the etsy store!

I have a special order/etsy request: Pete would like a girlfriend. He's been joyfully welcomed here at our house, but I think he's a little sensitive that Zach and I are in love, Sonora and Imara are best pals, and Juno doesn't need anyone. I keep him at my work desk, so he's not alone, but he's lonely nevertheless. Any chance you have any girls in your camp? I know it's tacky to buy him a bride, but he doesn't seem to be into the local girls...

Let me know!

Anonymous said...

I made the blog! Help me knit socks.

Becca said...

I love your etsy shop too! Etsy is my new favorite place to browse and ogle over all the beautiful, hand-made crafts. It's only fitting that your handiwork is added to the mix at Etsy. Congrats - how exciting!

Chris said...

It was great to see you, and to be part of that whole event!

Love the picture of the pots - maybe it will be spring...

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Chris, you have been outed on my post of the Harlot event. Hope that's ok.