Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Lentils by Bike

This was dinner last night: Red Lentil & Root Vegetable Soup. (It's dinner tonight, too.) So yummy!

Jackson and I took advantage of the non-rainy weather yesterday and went out for an "about-town" bike ride. We visited all of the local bike shops to post signs about Dan's bike for sale (SOLD!) and then went to the Co-op for some groceries. I love my bike and I love getting groceries on my bike.
:::love, love, love the grocery bike trip:::

I should have bought a loaf of French bread to have sticking out of my saddle bag, but the celery did just fine for that look of "I don't need a car, I can bring my vegetables home by bike!" Jackson was in the trailer and he loved the entire trip. When we got home, he was fast asleep clutching his latest issue of "Babybug" magazine and his Nalgene sippy cup. (He really does sip his water and read his book while we ride...I've seen it!)

Today, after our friends Mama Grouch + The Creep left after our fun morning of play, Jackson decided that he had to wear his Twins baseball cap that Grampa gave him last year. In the house, all the time, he must be wearing it. Which is pretty funny because he's not so slick at putting his hat on by himself so each time it came off (from romping around, of course) he brought it to me waving it around his head and whining til I put it back on his head. When does a kid actually want to wear a hat?! Pretty cute. (We need to start getting rid of that Nuk hanging out his mouth...it's literally the last one left. Maybe we can just "lose" this one too?)
In keeping with the narcolepsy theme (baby-yoga sleeping, bike trailer sleeping), Jackson crashed in his ball cap on the living room floor this afternoon. And again, he transferred to his crib beautifully. I wish he had a predictable sleep schedule, but I really shouldn't complain. He does sleep through the night (at least until about 5am) for the most part now and takes pretty good naps. Here's my little sleeper:
Knitting news to follow. I know, why wasn't I out taking photos of my Etsy items in the sunshine yesterday instead of biking all around town? Well, what would YOU have chosen?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's very cute in the hat, and crashed out on the floor like that. I love red lentils, thanks for reminding me I've got the ingredients in the cupboard to make soup.

Cloudberry said...

He's so cute! We are trying to get Endre to put away his pacifier at daytime. When he is going to bed it's ok. But it's not easy... His older brother hang the pacifier in a thread in a tree when he decided to quit :)

Happy Easter to you and your family!

theflyingmum said...

Narcoleptic son? You are one luuuuucky girl. Etsy - I had never heard of it until recently reading about an "Etsy Shop" on another bloggers site. Then I read about your Etsy account, so I decided to go check it out. What a great idea! The first weekend in March every year there is a sewing expo near enough to me to make a day trip. Etsy reminds me a lot of that, except more varied products (and online all year round). If I can get my act together, I may have to give it a go myself...

yarn4kalei said...

Hi. Jackson is so adorable. It sounds like you had a great time on your ride about town. I was wondering if You could send me your recipe for red lentil soup? It sounds delicious. Thanks!