• Love wings. These little cap-sleeves for Amelia's dedication sweater knit up in the blink of an eye. Once they're done blocking, I'll sew them in and be done with it. Whoever heard of a sweater completely knit, blocked AND seamed in one week? (Not normal around these parts... Complete FO photo coming this weekend.)
• Love asparagus. Love that we're getting closer and closer to asparagus season and that the bunches we buy from the Co-op now are getting tastier and tastier (and cheaper!).
• Love swiss chard. We're nowhere near swiss chard season, but it was super tasty in last night's meal. Love that Dan loves his greens as much as I do. (Conversely: We've been teaching Jackson NOT to touch the green leaves of the pansy plant on the table. He has interpreted that as being told not to eat them. So now whenever he sees me eating green leaves on my sandwiches or in salads or as a main course, he says "don't eat it!" in his all-knowing toddler voice.)
• Love child-swapping. Love, love, love child-swapping. It's the best invention in the world. I only had a little more than two hours "off" this morning and spent the majority of it getting the car's oil changed, but I was able to knit in a waiting room without a toddler pulling on my leg. And Jackson barely notices that I'm gone when he's at his friend's house! Fun for all.
• Love Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life," even though I'm only ten pages into it. She's always been one of my most favorite authors and I'm obviously on the "eat real food and know where it comes from" bandwagon. Can't wait to snuggle up in bed tonight and really dive into this one.
• Love the smell of the house after brownies have been made and it's raining outside.
• Love the third trimester...it starts today. Bring it on.