Friday, April 18, 2008

love, friday

Love wings. These little cap-sleeves for Amelia's dedication sweater knit up in the blink of an eye. Once they're done blocking, I'll sew them in and be done with it. Whoever heard of a sweater completely knit, blocked AND seamed in one week? (Not normal around these parts... Complete FO photo coming this weekend.)
Love asparagus. Love that we're getting closer and closer to asparagus season and that the bunches we buy from the Co-op now are getting tastier and tastier (and cheaper!).

Love swiss chard. We're nowhere near swiss chard season, but it was super tasty in last night's meal. Love that Dan loves his greens as much as I do. (Conversely: We've been teaching Jackson NOT to touch the green leaves of the pansy plant on the table. He has interpreted that as being told not to eat them. So now whenever he sees me eating green leaves on my sandwiches or in salads or as a main course, he says "don't eat it!" in his all-knowing toddler voice.)

Love child-swapping. Love, love, love child-swapping. It's the best invention in the world. I only had a little more than two hours "off" this morning and spent the majority of it getting the car's oil changed, but I was able to knit in a waiting room without a toddler pulling on my leg. And Jackson barely notices that I'm gone when he's at his friend's house! Fun for all.

Love Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life," even though I'm only ten pages into it. She's always been one of my most favorite authors and I'm obviously on the "eat real food and know where it comes from" bandwagon. Can't wait to snuggle up in bed tonight and really dive into this one.

Love the smell of the house after brownies have been made and it's raining outside.

Love the third trimester...it starts today. Bring it on.

love, friday

7 comments:

a day in the life of a davis said...

Love that you are in your 3rd trimester! I am so excited to see your little girl. She will look just like an angel in that beautiful sweater.

Heide said...

Mmmm, the veggies sound wonderful. Do you put vinegar on your greens? Whoo hoo on your third trimester! I can't wait to see a picture of Amelia's dedication sweater once it's all together. Have a great weekend.

Chris said...

Mmm... asparagus...

Kate said...

oh man...'Animal,vegetable,miracle'is really a great book...I keep chickens because of that book, and Eldon and I are looking forward to a heirloom turkey this year.
Super good read.
Congratulations on your third trimester....
Love and light to you
kate
ps...what do you need for your baby..I've had my last baby girl and would love to recycle my best stuff to you!

Lisa Anne said...

I am a bit behind with my blogging friends, we have had 80 degree weather this week! Compared to the 7 inches of snow we had last year at this time. We have been planting so much, and finally we get in the house around 8pm each night (starting at 6AM) too tired to make dinner, carrot juice again! I really love the sweater you are knitting for baby Amelia. I am so into greens! I can eat them everyday!
Hope you are well
Love, :)

TinkingBell said...

Love the Banana recipe - I have to make this (the Accountatn and I are like you two - except I fell behind in banana eating duties - maybe I can blame the kids?) and I think these would be great after the kids finish making their puppet theatre from a huge piece of cardboard!

I'm a baby colour person too - lots of green and yellow and orange for both mine!

Anonymous said...

I almost bought Animal, Vegetable, Miracle for you! Too weird.

Congrats on the third trimester--and the finished sweater is *breathtaking*!