Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cute

Last night I discovered that I cannot, in fact, knit in the dark. I mean, I can. I certainly can and do all the time. Usually just a sock or some other easy Stockinette project, preferably in the round. But it's not a good idea these days, given how distracted I can be (kids, house, kids, kids, more house...).

My February Lady Sweater had to be ripped back to nearly the very beginning, due to knitting in low light with my wee little one and missing the cues for the evenly spaced raglan increases (mine were not evenly spaced...zig-zag would be a better description). It's always frustrating to have to rip back and this time was no exception. But it was a little worse, I think, because I was forced to re-wind almost an entire ball of yarn and had to destroy a perfect buttonhole that involved a twisted purlwise cast-on which meant that, yes...oh yes..., I had to pull the yarn all the way through each of those agonizing little stitches.

Sigh.

It's back on track now, with stitch markers on the needle surrounding my increase stitch, instead of on the stitch itself (where it ends up trailing down the rows as you go on, creating a false confidence that you know to which stitch it belongs way above on the needle). I am hoping that I can wear this sweater this fall, but am encouraged by the 3/4 length sleeves and 75% cotton yarn; it will be perfect for spring.

I'm also encouraged by this baby face. At least the reason that I don't knit very much anymore and screw up so often is cute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that photo of Amelia is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Jenny said...

Awwwww....she is a cute distraction for sure!!! They stay little such a short time, don't blink!!

Lisa Anne said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! (I really love that February lady sweater)

Ruth's Place said...

She is truly adorable! Sorry about the frogging...

Tami Tripp said...

Super cute photos of Amelia! Glad you are doing well.