Thursday, December 04, 2008

My New Favorite Dish

I made this pasta dish for the vegetarian main course at my family's Thanksgiving dinner last week and it was so yummy that I already made it again. I found it on the Martha Stewart blog, "Dinner Tonight" and it's super easy to prepare.

Baked Pasta Shells with Winter Squash

Notes: Use the entire amount of onions the recipe calls for, don't skimp. It seems like a lot of onions, but they're really good cooked in this way. But be sure to use sweet onions, not just any old onions from the store. I used sweet the first time and it was divine. The second time, the onions were just onions. (I will try to find cipollini onions next time...)

I also replaced the pasta shells with a different pasta shape and added more bread/bread crumbs the second time (I used two slices of my own honey whole wheat bread diced/crumbed super small + about a 1/2 cup of bread crumbs).

The combination of squash, slow-cooked sweet onions and fresh rosemary totally makes this dish. Easy and good!

3 comments:

Tami Tripp said...

Thanks for including recipes on your blog. It's nice to get some new ideas to try out.

T

Janet said...

Wow! That looks awesome. I'll have to give a try one of these days.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting! I baked this on Monday and plan on trying your tomato soup recipe tomorrow. Happy New Year!