Friday, December 05, 2008

love, friday

• Love hearing my kids laugh together, especially when I'm not involved and they just started it on their own. I know it won't always be smiles and giggles--I'm the youngest of three and am well aware of the many faces of sibling relationships*--but it's the sweetest damn sound I've ever heard in my life.

• Love long naps (that enable me to knit, think, blog, think, read, think...).

• Love having a long list of bakery items in my head to create this weekend--including Omi's Christmas cookies with Jackson tomorrow morning.

• Love snow.

• Love December mail (thanks, Janet, for the inspiration on those last two!).

• Love gabbing on the phone with my sister in preparation for our trip to visit her family over the holiday.

• Love gabbing on the phone with my best friend about her 2009 wedding plans!

• Love frozen pizza, fresh salad and homemade applesauce for dinner tonight followed by Frosty the Snowman on DVD with Jackson and his buddy Ethan.

love, friday

*The new term for "sibling rivalry" is, according to my ECFE teacher, "sibling relationships." I totally get that, and like the positive vibe it spreads, but I'm not sure that is what my brother, sister and I had in mind way back when!

They're also calling "potty-training" "toilet learning" now. Yeah. You don't hear me talk about that much on this blog for a reason: my very stubborn boy! Best to move on to more exciting topics...

3 comments:

Becca said...

I love your dinner and movie date with the boys! What fun. If it makes you feel any better, I betcha Jackson would be hard pressed to be as stubborn as Ellis is about "toilet learning." It's been no picnic, and a VERY long one at that. I'm holding out hope that I'll be rewarded with a "he just woke up and decided he was done with diapers" story for the baby book. Riiiiight. A mama can dream. Good luck to you!

Janet said...

I DO LOVE December mail!! Don't we all? Yes.

Your love, friday (along with others I've seen elsewhere...including some love, saturdays) inspired me to start mine. Great idea. We'll see if I can keep it up.

Eden said...

Yay! Wedding planning. Are we having fun yet?!