Friday, December 05, 2008

love, friday

Love hearing my kids laugh together, especially when I'm not involved and they just started it on their own. I know it won't always be smiles and giggles--I'm the youngest of three and am well aware of the many faces of sibling relationships*--but it's the sweetest damn sound I've ever heard in my life.

Love long naps (that enable me to knit, think, blog, think, read, think...).

Love having a long list of bakery items in my head to create this weekend--including Omi's Christmas cookies with Jackson tomorrow morning.

Love snow.

Love December mail (thanks, Janet, for the inspiration on those last two!).

Love gabbing on the phone with my sister in preparation for our trip to visit her family over the holiday.

Love gabbing on the phone with my best friend about her 2009 wedding plans!

Love frozen pizza, fresh salad and homemade applesauce for dinner tonight followed by Frosty the Snowman on DVD with Jackson and his buddy Ethan.

love, friday

*The new term for "sibling rivalry" is, according to my ECFE teacher, "sibling relationships." I totally get that, and like the positive vibe it spreads, but I'm not sure that is what my brother, sister and I had in mind way back when!

They're also calling "potty-training" "toilet learning" now. Yeah. You don't hear me talk about that much on this blog for a reason: my very stubborn boy! Best to move on to more exciting topics...

3 comments:

Becca said...

I love your dinner and movie date with the boys! What fun. If it makes you feel any better, I betcha Jackson would be hard pressed to be as stubborn as Ellis is about "toilet learning." It's been no picnic, and a VERY long one at that. I'm holding out hope that I'll be rewarded with a "he just woke up and decided he was done with diapers" story for the baby book. Riiiiight. A mama can dream. Good luck to you!

Janet said...

I DO LOVE December mail!! Don't we all? Yes.

Your love, friday (along with others I've seen elsewhere...including some love, saturdays) inspired me to start mine. Great idea. We'll see if I can keep it up.

Eden said...

Yay! Wedding planning. Are we having fun yet?!