Monday, December 07, 2009

FO Report: Gnome Hoodie

Yarn: Yarn Lust 4-ply DK weight 50% superfine alpaca, 50% wool, "Lilacs"
Pattern:
Lyalya Hoodie Pattern ABC (Adult/Baby/Child) from Etsy
Needles:
US4 + US6
Size:
child
Started:
November
Finished:
November
I finally decided on the perfect pattern for this gorgeously soft yarn that my friend, Gwyneth, gave me for Amelia when she was born and I'm so happy with the results. (Redux of the first hoodie that I made this fall for The Other Amelia.) This pattern unleashes the "killing cuteness," as Kristina says. Yes, yes it does. And it's so worth it that I didn't even mind having to do it twice (I attempted the baby size first since Amelia is still so petite but it was definitely too small). There's just enough left for some matching mittens too.

1 comment:

Purple Purl Girl said...

Love! A billionty two twenty! She's a little pixie.Isn't it wonderful when a yarn and a pattern come together so well?