Friday, January 15, 2010

love, friday

Love that this boy is healthy again. Love that we're all healthy again!
Love Birchwood Cafe's triple berry pie. I'm eating a slice now and it's divine.

Love that Jackson spent the afternoon at Dan's office today (complete with a wheely suitcase full of Legos, DVDs, crayons and snacks). Love that Amelia napped all afternoon. Love that I finally had an afternoon to catch up on the paperwork of life. (Dan almost gets Father/Husband of the Year for his role in this awesome afternoon, but tomorrow he's leaving on a jet plane to Florida for five days. I'm not dishing out awards just yet.)

Love finishing my Quincy hat. (FO Report to follow.)

Love hearing Amelia say "DAY-ooo!" in her sing-songy voice when she means "thank you!"

Love indoor snow play with a menagerie of animals in the kitchen. This is easy fun.
Love FINALLY finishing Inkspell, the second book of the Inkworld Trilogy by Cornelia Funke. I don't know why it took me so long to read (we're talking, on my nightstand since 2005) but it was definitely worth the effort. I'm already diving into book three (Inkdeath) and can't wait to find out how it all ends. Love getting lost in another world before I fall asleep, even if it is only for a chapter or two.

Love having a knitting date tomorrow morning followed by a stop at the fabric store and a grocery stock-up trip. A whole morning "off" before Dan leaves. I'm packing it in!

love, friday

1 comment:

Jennifer Griffin-Wiesner said...

Found my way here through Jen Zimmerman. Love it. We read Inkheart as a family (kids ages 9 and 11) but just could not get into Inkspell. I might have to try on my own after reading this post.