Wednesday, April 07, 2010

FO Report: Mini-Estes Vest

Yarn: Schaefer Yarn Esperanza in "Greenjeans," 70% lambswool/30% alpaca, 279 yards of a 280 skein used (whew...)
Pattern:
Estes Vest by Hana Jason, Interweave Knits Fall 2008
(modified)
Needles:
US10.5, US9
Size:
about 18 months, for Dan's nephew due July '10
Started:
March 2010
Finished:
March 2010

I loved making my own Estes Vest for my Knitting Olympics project so much that I thought I’d just keep going while the stitch pattern was fresh in my head and make a small version. Sometime during knitting my vest, this yarn popped into my head screaming “this MUST be a mini-Estes Vest!” and I knew I’d finally found the right project-yarn match. (This yarn had been knit into at least two other things and frogged because they just weren’t right. Here's one, I didn't document the other attempts...)
I had less than one yard of yarn left on this project, so I was sweating a bit at the end hoping it would all work out. I absolutely adore how it turned out though and can’t wait to see Dan's new little nephew wearing it sometime next year! We visited the parents-to-be in D.C. last week and I, of course, couldn't wait until the kid was born to give it to them so it's already gifted. Fun!

No comments: