Thursday, February 01, 2007

Birthday Report and Kitty Love

Wow, where've I been? It's been another crazy week around here at the yogurt & granola household. Another sick weekend (Roseola for Jackson), a birthday party, a visit from my mother-in-law* and now we're getting ready for another family visit weekend starting tonight**. I'm lucky to get this post in at all!

I have been knitting through it all though and was, in fact, able to return to my Tuesday Night Knitting Group this week so there was a bit of re-charge for me. Too bad I have the sniffles now, but whatever. I've seen how bad it can get illness-wise... a few dozen tissues an hour for Jack and me isn't so bad.

This is my first felted (fulled) project and it's really flying. I've been wanting a new knitting tote for some time and am hopeful that this will turn out to be the right size once it's washed. If it doesn't? Well then, I have a new little bag. Stay tuned for washing reports and needle-felted embellishments!

Notice the awesome bowl it's sitting in? That was handmade by my dear friend, Cookie. "The Bee - Creativity" all over it. How can one not "bee" inspired by this?! Also notice the green yarn in the mirror view of the photo...I have totally stalled out on the good green scarf. What? A forecast with temps threatening to reach 15 below zero this weekend isn't enough for me to finish my scarf? (Watch, I'll whip it out right before the spring thaw this year...)

There are many photos to share from the past week and I couldn't possibly tell all of the stories here (I don't think I get that much free space) so you'll have to let the photos do the talking. Definitely worth a click if you're a Jackson Fan (official fan club details pending...).

Here are a few for today's post though. Since Jackson's adventure with birthday cake, he's decided that he wants to have more of a "hands-on" experience with all of his food. Not wanting to stifle any interest in eating vegetables whatsoever, I let him do this. Here's lunch today:
He's having great fun putting his Nuk in his milk cup, touching the carrots/massaging them into his hair and tucking his cheese behind his ears. That's what baths are for!

And finally, I am pleased to report that Simon the Cat is officially a member of the yogurt & granola household. I am no longer cat-less. What a wonderful kitty he is...feels like he's been here forever!

Thank you Mama Grouch, Electronic Panther and Creepy Boy for sharing your Kitty-Love with us!
___________________________
*We had TONS of fun with Jackson's Omi when she visited last weekend even though the visit was too short. Jack and Omi played and romped and tired each other out all weekend!

**The visit from Jackson's Uncle Rob & Aunt Maria is supposed to begin tonight but we just got word that they are being re-directed through Chicago and may miss their connecting flight. Keep your fingers crossed that they get here safely tonight! Full fun visit report to follow!
_____________________________
Ooh, I just have to add this too. It's a "crock-pot kind of day" in frigid Minnesota today and so I've got ours out and cooking. Hope the visitors will be able to enjoy this yummy (and EASY!) soup with us tonight!

No Fuss Potato Soup - from my good friend, Kate

• 6 cups diced, peeled potatoes
• 5 cups water
• 2 cups diced onion
• 1/2 cup diced celery
• 1/2 cup chopped carrots
• 1/4 cup butter
• 4 tsp bouillon granules
• 2 tsp salt
• 12 oz evaporated milk
• 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

1. Combine all ingredients except milk and cheese in crock-pot.
2. Cover, cook on high 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in milk and cheese until it melts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back! I keep checking to get the update. :-) Love the new pics of Jackson and congrats on your new kitty addition! Love, e

Melissa Perreault said...

Loving the "ou de cheese" and the mashed carrot looked. Orange is the new black this year right? ;-)

You will find your motivation for that lovely scarf again. Like when it's 90+ degrees outside if you're like me!!

Congrats on your fulling. It's totally addicting though, so use caution. hehe. Looks like a great bag so far.

Ya new kittie! Give Simon some love for me. Such a pretty kitty!

christina said...

wait did i miss something? what about that black cat that you just got a few months ago? do you no longer have it?

Anonymous said...

Oh, Catherine, this sounds awesome!!! Will make it tomorrow. Perfect for the cold weather that is expected.