Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MoonGirl & LucyGirl

In my last post, I forgot to show off the yummy yarn that Rob & Maria brought me on their recent visit as a birthday gift. It's from a small yarn shop on the island where Maria grew up off the Washington coast. I looked and looked for a web site to reference, but there was none. So, it comes from Poppies Fine Yarns on Orcas Island (Pearvalley Farm, specifically) and is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to knit with it! (Thanks again, R&M!)

Moongirl is in the photo too because it's a recent gift to myself, for no particular reason. Most who know me well would not hestitate to see a connection between this book and me. I love all things lunar and have the tattoo to prove it. This is a very sweet book and DVD set with a new fairytale about how the moon stays lit. Haven't you ever wondered that yourself? I can't wait to share this tale with Jackson when he gets older...

I also have a love for children's books with amazing illustrations and this one fits right in there. My collection was large before Jackson came along, I can only imagine how much it may grow now!

Lastly, today marks the 13th anniversary of the birth of my late kitty, Lucy. Rest in peace, Sweetie. Don't worry, Simon is an awesome cat, but I haven't forgotten about you!

(She loved box tops...that's all she ever wanted to play in...box tops. This photo was taken the day after Jack was born. Dan snapped it on a quick trip home from the hospital before heading back. She definitely knew something was up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love children's books too. We don't have kids, but there's a shelf full of children's books. Cute cat picture, mine also does that, but he fills the entire box up and gets stuck.

Mrs Pretzel said...

Thanks for the stop at my blog! The illustrations in Moon Girl are YUMMY!

rachel