Friday, March 23, 2007

love, friday

I am a fan of shizzyknits' blog and read it each chance I get. (Web surfer beware: her kids are beyond darling!) Her Thursday posts are simply titled "love thursday" and have a list of the things she's loving on that day. I've decided to adapt this sweet idea to my blog for Fridays. (Hope that's okay, Sheree!)

Today is Friday. I bring you: love, friday

Love the swap package that I received from Kristina last week. Love the incredible array of handknit dishcloths, a handknit hat, candles, a "Vegan Cupcakes" cookbook, lotion, homemade jam, chocolate, a decoupaged Easter egg, a journal and...YARN...
















Love this Koigu.















Love this sock that I'm making out of it with the help of a solid color Koigu friend. Love my new Lantern Moon rosewood Sox Stix needles (US2 dpn) that I bought with the gift certificate from my parents at Needlework Unlimited. Love Mom and Dad.















Love seeing a happy cat sleeping in the morning sun.















Love my son who loves his books. Love that Jackson could *not* tear himself away from his books to look up for this photo.




















Love riding my bike to my new spring ECFE class with my son trailing behind in the Chariot. Love that my son loves the Chariot and his helmet this year because last year was a different scene. Love that this biking girl can reduce our use of the vehicle and start biking around town again, for groceries, for play, for whatever.

Love taking a walk with my son - hand in hand - around the neighborhood in the warm, sunny, first week of spring weather. Love that it takes one hour to walk six blocks now. Love slowing down with Jackson.

Love my husband. Love my family. Love my friends.

love, friday

6 comments:

shizzknits said...

Great list!

And of course I don't mind you using the idea- I got it from someone else myself! :)

Anonymous said...

Love grilling for the first time this year--mmmm, melted cheese on gardenburgers with darkened zucchini.
All you need is love--love--love is all you need.

Anonymous said...

cute tee, where did you get it?????
Gigi's mommy

Beemoosie said...

Jackson has just grown leaps and bounds!!! Wow, where have I been? And I am glad to see the kitty stayed. :)

Rob and Maria said...

What an awesome idea!! Great thing to do. Celebrate life daily!
-Love, Auntie Maria

Anonymous said...

I love the idea and will check every friday then for new things to love. I finished the strawberry hat, photos to come:) Enjoy the spring in MN!