Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You're right.

Decision made. Thank you for your comments and your advice. You are all right, it would bug me forever if I didn't rip back. Not sure of my exact strategy in dealing with my four skeins of yarn in the same dye lot that are all a bit different, but I will make it work. It's too cute to not finish it...

In the meantime, however, I've started a sock. A cute little orange-y, pink-y, brown-y number in a simple chevron & feathers pattern that I borrowed from here. Minor changes here and there including SSK instead of Sl1, K1, PSSO (doesn't that look better?), switching to toe-up and making it much, much shorter. I'm thinking a cute little summer sock here. Cotton/bamboo blend from Panda Cotton. So far, so good on this project!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there are garden gnomes then maybe there are knitting gremlins as well. I think that the kg's secretly switched the labels on your yarn skeins so that you actually do have two different lots. And somewhere else out there in knitdom is another soal plagued with the same mismatched yarn. We all know that chocolate wards off the eebie jeebies left over from dementors, but it also can alleviate warts and the rotten feelings left over from spending untold amounts of time in the frog pond. I want a pair of Mrs. W's enchanted needles for the stockingnet portions. In the meantime, your socks look delightful. Sincerely, Your Hogwart's Sock Spoiler

Anonymous said...

Man, you make me want to learn to knit. Just so I can make some socks. Must find a crochet sock pattern soon.

Cheryl said...

Hello from your HP Prefect...I adore CHicago, I must go back and visit some of your stops. Terrific blog

Aunt Jenny said...

I love your Meanwhile socks!! I really need to try the toe up socks sometime. I always have done it cuff down...seems more practical toe up for sure..then you can use that little bit left for longer cuffs if you want without fear of running out of yarn. Pretty yarn too!!Very Florida looking!!

christina said...

i found this and thought of you. i am excited to see the whole documentary!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=evDFo6-RBVc