1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
I've been addicted to knitting since 2002. I also dabble in spinning, cross-stitch, embroidery, ugh*sewing*ugh (not my favorite) and paper crafts. But Knitting (note the capital "K") is my calling, hands down.
2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
I participated in the Hot Socks Swap, Knitters Coffee Swap, Christmas Magic Yarn Ball, MJF Hot Socks Swap, MJF Spring Dishcloth Swap and Hogwarts Sock Swap. I love putting together the package for my spoilee and filling it with treasures!
4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
My favorites are earthy purples, browns, greens and blues. I adore the earthy reds and oranges of fall. I am not a fan of pinks and pastels.
5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
I am allergic to dogs and cats, but I have a cat so there goes that. Cigarette smoke is just gross.
6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?
Simon, the Tuxedo Cat
7. Do you collect anything?
8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
My absolute favorite food is ... wait for it...yogurt & granola. But since that's not vegan, I'll cop out and say that I also adore most vegan treats. I'm a big fan of carob and anything that goes with it. 'Course, dark chocolate cannot be overlooked...
9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I'm a wimp when it comes to hot food and unfortunately that includes this like wasabi. I love chocolate, but am only so-so on candy. Anything fruity is a always a hit with me.
10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
Medium-sized sock blockers, small to mid-size stitch markers, small stitch holders...
I don't think you can ever have too many knitting supplies...
11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I think it's all here!
13. What scents do you like/dislike?
I'm pretty picky and sensitive when it comes to scents. I adore natural scents like eucalyptus and lavender, but abhor fakey floral scents. The yummy spices of fall are some of my favorite scents: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin pie, apple pie, gingerbread...
14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
I love it all! Fall is my favorite season and I love Halloween.
15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
It's hard to pick just one. I have lots of memories of wonderful fall days spent with my husband, Dan. We've gone apple-picking, pumpkin-hunting, and hiking each year and it's always wonderful. Kettle corn and cool, crisp air, pumpkins and mums, jeans and sandals...we love fall. We're very excited to share the season with our son Jackson this year since it's the first year that he'll "get" it!