Sorry for the delay, my dear readers. My only excuse for not posting on time last week is that I was busy packing for one of the last camping trips of the summer*. So without further ado, I bring you love, friday: labor day edition.
• Love watching Jackson play and explore at the greatest group campsite ever. Love that he was completely safe and could run around on a big field with no worries (except that small river bluff right on the edge of the campsite...)
• Love prairie sunsets.
• Love it when someone remembers to bring the guitar to the campfire.
• Love the campfire.
• Love hanging around the campfire with a sleepy boy who is fighting sleep to hear just one more song.
• Love watching Jackson interact with the other kids along on this multi-family camping trip. Love that he got so into acorns and collecting them with the kids.
• Love watching Dan in his element at he sets up the camp stove. Love grilled cheese outside.
• Love the group camp site, love the group. A great family weekend!
• Love sleeping in our tent with the rain fly off and being awakened by the bright, bright moon.
• Love that the other adults loved Jackson too and helped to keep him away from that river bluff I mentioned (he's on the edge of it in this photo...).
• Love silly kids about to go swimming in the sandy bottom pool.
• Love evening prairie hikes with Dan + Jackson.
• Love prairie grass.
• Love morning prairie hikes with Dan + Jackson.
• Love the prairie sky.
love, labor day weekend (welcome fall!)
* This trip went so well now that Jackson is old enough to stick around a bit, that we hope to go again before it gets too cold. Love Minnesota in the fall!