• Love Battlestar Galactica and love that Season 4 started on Friday night. Yes, it's weird that we are addicted to a TV show but remain TV-less (love Hulu!). And yes, it's weird that we huddled together in a conference room at Dan's workplace with a bunch of other dorks - I mean, BSG fans - and a big-screen TV for the premier on a perfectly good Friday night when we had a babysitter. (Dan cut off my head but you can see my baby belly and feet up on the table way off to the right.)
• Love that we are so dorky that we made a cake for the occasion and weren't embarrassed to take it on the train downtown on said Friday night. (If you are a BSG fan, you know what this is.)
• Didn't love waking up at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning to a sick little boy (sick as in, requiring much laundry all day, if you know what I mean...) but did appreciate the order from the universe to slow down for the day. We slept at odd times, washed every article of fabric in our home (it seemed like) and read a lot of books.
• Loved that Jackson pulled out of his sickness very quickly and was ready to practice riding his new bike in the living room Saturday night. Didn't love that it rained all day on Sunday and we had a very sad little boy on our hands... (Official "first ride on the sidewalk" photos promised soon...let's just say that he aged quite a bit when he got on this bike...)
• Love that Jackson loves his bike helmet so much this year that he insists on wearing it...a lot. (It's almost impossible to believe that this photo is truly him, since we could barely get the helmet on him last year for bike-trailer rides...) He's got a new thing for balloons too...cheap fun!
• Love that Jackson is finally starting to look like his Dad (at least, I think he does in this photo...).
• Love this broadcast from "Speaking of Faith," a public radio show that I normally don't like much, but caught today while skipping church (the boys went and I stayed home to bake another cake...we had cake on the brain all weekend!).
• Love Sunday night. Love listening to a boy squealing with glee in the bath upstairs, the dishwasher running, the laundry going (again...), and knowing that the basement is finally clean again after our 90-minute quick-clean session down there today while the Boy slept. Love knitting on the couch and preparing to re-watch Battlestar Galactica with Dan over a bowl of ice cream tonight. Love going to bed after a full weekend, to say the least.
love, friday (Sunday night edition)