Tuesday, April 08, 2008

stocked up

I made a big batch of granola today (recipe a la Lostview Farm, thanks Becca!). I cut the recipe in half and still had piles and piles of it (this is only some).
But then I realized that it's okay to have so much granola for a household who's refrigerator looks like this:
Yes, we certainly have a lot of yogurt right now. Jackson informed me the other day that he only eats the "white yogurt" not the "pink yogurt." Dan loves the pink yogurt (strawberry) but loves his cream top even more. I usually go for the low-fat vanilla variety ("white yogurt") but will just buy whatever is on sale. I often forget how much yogurt we have in the house while shopping and grab another just to be safe.

I think we're good for awhile. On both the yogurt AND granola fronts. Luckily, we also have a fruit drawer loaded with strawberries and kiwis right now. Who's coming over for breakfast?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, yummy! Was that recipe posted somewhere and I missed it? Nobody will eat my granola with nuts and I need to figure out a good nut-free recipe. *sigh*

I miss Brown Cow yogurt, it's so good! I started making my own, since we go through so much and it's so expensive, but it's not the same at all. I never hought I'd see the day when I'd be craving plain yogurt.

indieknits said...

I'm really hungry now!!!

Sheila said...

have you tried cultural revolution??! it is my new absolute favorite. (and it's local...if iowa counts as local :)

Christy said...

Hi!

I don't think I've ever commented before, but I always read your blog.

Infact, I just tagged you over at my blog if you're interested....

Anonymous said...

Yay! A new granola recipe! And your fridge looks like ours!

Anonymous said...

I buy yoghurt every time I go to the shops, just to be sure that there's always some in the fridge!

pdjf said...

hi, remember me i am your cousin marcia's friend. Looks like our fridge. Our trick is to Mix flavored with plain to reduce the sugar content. A typicl mix might be yummy brown cow cream top plain with cascade vanilla or strawberry.
Our own lowfat lower sugar blend. Theresa and Natalie like it. 3.5 today. i don't like full strawberry any more. I try to peek at your blog every once in a while. peace, paula

Alison said...

Yum! I'm having cravings now...