Wednesday, December 17, 2008

MUCH better than a vacuum cleaner

My birthday morning started out with these wonderful treasures from my dear husband and kids. The new Mason-Dixon knitting book, the Yarn Harlot's latest, some yummy Tchibo decaf coffee from Germany, and yarn. Yarn that was hand-picked for me by my husband at my favorite yarn store because he said "I thought you'd like to knit yourself a pair of socks on our road trip next week, since you've been knitting so much for other people lately." Score, my dear Dan, major score. And MUCH better than last year's Christmas gift. Awesome practice run for next week...heeheehee.

He also gave me an entire 6-pack of Reese's Peanut Butter Christmas Trees all to myself, but I had to share one with him this morning as a reward for his awesome yarn buying skills. Have I told you all that he subscribes to the Yarn Harlot's blog posts on his iPhone? Yep, he seriously reads them all, seeking some insight into how his knitting wife operates. Santa may have to throw a little something extra into his stocking next week just for that alone!

Happy birthday to me...

10 comments:

Heide said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday my cousin!! 17th of the month birthdays rock:) only one more month for me!!!!!!!!!!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday!
I'm a December baby too. One more thing we have in common (besides knitting & blogging).
I checked that new Mason-Dixon book out of the library...VERY pretty things in there!
Your DH did REALLY well! Nice going!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Chris said...

Happy birthday!! Sounds like a very good one. :)

Cloudberry said...

Happy Birthday!
Great gifts :)

Lisa Anne said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Just checking to see if you got my package! It was such an adventure getting it to the post office! But it went out on Saturday, I hope it maked it there.

Unknown said...

Hey-Happy belated birthday ... we sure will miss you at Christmas. Please give Missy hugs from me ...
Aunt Beth

Chocolate Cat said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you. What great birthday gifts!!! My darling husband trys really hard but often it just isn't right!!! Reeses Peanut Butter Christmas trees???? They sound divine!!

Jenn said...

I'm Dec. 8th! We must be pretty close in age too... what year were you born?

-Jenn