1. Photos of the kids from our recent photo sitting with a "big box" portrait studio. I was excited at first (the photos were for the church directory so we figured, why not?) but I'm not happy with the photos at all. Well, okay, the photographer did capture awesome smiles on the kids. But I had to do some major cropping on these jpgs (which Dan scanned on a crappy scanner, so the washed out color is not the studio's fault) since the production people obviously did not have one creative bone in their bodies. Can we say "composition" people? Oh well. Three-year and 6-month portraits done. Moving on. (Aunts, uncles, and grandparents should check their mailboxes...)
2. To recover from the less-than-perfect photos above, here's another one of Amelia from Valentine's Day. My Sweetheart.
3. Would you just look at this awesome yarn? My friend G brought it over for Amelia. Two-hundred yards of superfine alpaca and wool goodness in gorgeous purples and blues. I've been mulling over what it needs to be for Amelia and am torn between another adorable shrug or a hat/mitten set for next year. I haven't been able to put it in the stash box yet though, because it's so beautiful that I just want to keep looking at it. Thanks, G!
4. I know twelve people having babies in 2009 so far. Anyone want to make it a baker's dozen?
5. The trouble with handknits: you have to wash them. I spent an afternoon washing kid sweaters and lots of socks the other day. Nice to have it done, especially since we may still want to wear our woolens for a while longer (if this forecasted snow ever arrives, that is).
ETA: Okay, the snow is here. And it's falling at an inch an hour...
6. The new Co-op is growing on me. I had dinner on my own there last night and then did the shopping. It's the only place in town (that I know of) where you can get an entire plate filled with egg rolls and lemon-pine nut rice for $3.35. I'm taking a bread baking class there in early April too and am super excited about that. I can do change...
7. I'm already jumping into the St. Patrick's Day spirit and am not even that Irish. I just love Irish Cheddar, Irish jigs, stout bread and a Guinness. Bring on March and all that comes with it! (Ultimately, Spring!)
8. I've been cooking and baking way more than computing lately. (Can you tell?)
9. My boy crawled into bed with me at 5am this morning (Dan was already out the door on his flight to Arizona). I ultimately ended up in Jackson's bed later (with Amelia, while he stayed in my room) but that early cuddling time with J was priceless. I honestly didn't think I'd ever get that again. We all slept soundly in our musical beds until 8am.
10. I love you. I really do. Thank you for reading and "following" my blog!