Sunday, June 14, 2009

Party Clothes

Mom: It's time to get ready to go to the party, Jackson. Let's get your party clothes on. (holding summer seersucker pants and a white t-shirt)

Jackson: Oh, that would be a great idea. I'll go get my party clothes.

M: I've got your clothes right here, Sweetie.

J: No, I need my party hat, it's in my toy box. (rummages, finds train conductor's hat)

M: Okkkkaaaayyyy, now can you put these clothes on?

J: No, now I need my other party clothes. It's over here. (rummages around on coat hook behind front door, pulls out superhero cape that he hasn't touched ONCE since it was given to him by Grama for his birthday in January)

M: Really?! You want to wear your cape?!

J: Yes, it's my party clothes. With my hat. I'm wearing my party clothes now. Let's go.

M: (throwing nice pants and plain, old, boring, white t-shirt on the couch) Okay then. Let's go, indeed!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Looks like he was ready for some fun partying indeed! Love it.